Westlands Leisure Centre – Social Club
We acted as Project Mangers, Quantity Surveyors, and CDM Coordinators in the alterations and refurbishment of the Westlands Social Club to transform it into a high quality Entertainment Venue.
The existing Social Club was a vast building in need of a major refurbishment and capital expenditure.
The entire building has been re-vamped to create:-
- A stunning multipurpose auditorium space – which includes fully retractable seating, removable floor seating, a bar, and a newly refurbished sprung ball room dance floor.
- State of the art Sound and Lighting systems to the auditorium.
- A new curved, fully glazed entrance foyer.
- A new welcoming, light and bright entrance lobby, housing the box office.
- Newly refurbished toilet areas, including increasing the capacity of toilet numbers befitting to the size of the venue, with new cubicles, sanitaryware and services.
- A large open plan lounge area, complete with a new bar, varying height ceilings, feature lighting and feature flooring.
- The Wheeldon Suite – compromising of a Suite of three individual meeting rooms, subdivided by moveable walls to provide the ability to be used as one large versatile space. This was in fact the old skittle alley which has been given a new floor finish, completely new ceiling and wall finishes, roof lights to provide natural light, heating and cooling, and AV systems to enable high quality meeting and conferencing spaces.
- The Wessex Suite – which has been converted into a Sport and Exercise room, complete with new lighting, heating, cooling and an impressive wooden Junkers floor.
- First floor office spaces to replace the old table tennis and snooker rooms.
- Redecoration of external areas, including new signage.
- And so much more
The Venue’s manager said that ‘The revitalised Westlands Complex has seen major investment into the site transforming the entertainment and conference centre, sports facilities and site to a premier entertainment and leisure destination. We have been delighted with the reaction from our guests at the refurbishment and improvements and it is fantastic to see the complex being used as a place where people come together, have fun, develop business and enjoy their time’.
Further details of the venue can be found at www.westlandsyeovil.co.uk